Thursday, July 30, 2009

4 houses down...sort of

Sorry, still no new pictures. My camera ran out of memory and I have to make a CD before I delete any of the pictures. We have started our 4th house, but technically we are still working on the first. Its almost finished. Aaron is just working on putting the windows in and then that house will be ready for stucco and drywall. The second house and Jason's house just got trusses and now we are working on sheathing them. After they are sheathed then we can do the shingles. The 4th house was started, but there is so much work to do with the 2nd and 3rd that we've stopped for a while.

We still haven't started on our house. Sorry. Its probably not very fun to read about other people's houses. We consider them all our homes. After all, we are a team and all the homes are something I build so I am proud of them all. We don't mind much because, well, we can't move in until they are all finished anyway. It will most likely be next though, so keep checking back. I will for sure have pictures of that.

Its been a lot of fun for the most part. Our supervisor is a little cranky, and hasn't trained us very well, but we manage well. Most of the group gets along really well and we are moving pretty fast.

In terms of regular life it has gotten difficult. Aaron is gone most of the time so that leaves me with the kids almost all the time. I miss his helping me with the kids as well as just his company. Yesterday we were both working on the house and it was great! It was like a date because it was the first time we had been just the two of us in a long time. We had so much fun!

I guess that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment