Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Moving in with the inlaws

So...Aaron and I qualified for this awesome program that helps low income families get really nice housing. We, along with 6 other families will be helping build each others homes. I am really excited, but it meant that for however long it takes to build we will be living with Aaron's parents.
Now, for all of you who dont know Aaron's parents you might think, "That's too bad, but alot of people move in with their parents for things like this, right?" Sure, people do, but let me explain a little bit our situation just a little. First, I have a 4 month old and a 2 and a half year old, and the house is not only NOT kid friendly, it is actually the exact opposite. I can't go anywhere without watching my daughter for fear of her falling down stairs, eating chemicals, coloring on the couches, throwing things down the stairs, etc, etc, etc. Its only been four days and I don't know if I can make it the rest of the 7-10 months. So, I am trying to be as optomistic as I can, but am having difficulties.
We have a very little room that we have turned into our bedroom/kitchen/living room/nursury. Yes, our fridge and pantry are in with us, and thanks to Aaron he rigged our computer to also be a tv! So it is kinda nice to finally have the internet, and now that I have created a blog you can all follow along with my dramas at the Merrill house, and the progress with our house. It will be an adventure! Thanks for checking out my blog, and stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I was just thinking about you as I was driving home tonight and wondering how things were going. So, thanks for doing a blog! Hang in there! Wish you were here instead . . . but I guess there's no use in dwelling on that!

    Love ya!
    Kar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that you have a blog now! I know if I had kids moving in with my parents would be really hard too. Their stairs don't have a banister at all so the kid could fall ten feet without the stairs to even slow him down! Anyway, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm so glad you have a blog! It makes it so much easier to keep updated on everything and I'm excited to see pictures of your growing family:o) Love you!

    ReplyDelete